Gordon 4 - 9' #8/9 has taken the characteristics of the Gordon 2, but as a 4-piece fly rod making it ideal for the travelling angler. It is designed for saltwater and predator fishing and, uniquely, comes with a duplex removable fighting grip that sits above the cork handle.
- Full wells cork handle with cork fighting butt.
- Anodised alloy skeletal reel seat with dragonwood insert and double uplocking rings.
- 2 lined stripping guides with 7 high leg black snakes plus tip and keeper ring.
- Alignment arrows on each section
- Translucent dark green gloss finish with burgundy whippings.
- Supplied in a green rod bag and Cordura covered tube.
- Predator rod (9’ #8/9) comes with duplex removable fighting grip.
We recently showed this rod at the 2012 Tackle & Guns show (a B2B show) and were delighted with the response it received from both retailers and other companies. The interest was such that the Angling Times chose it as one of the products they showcased on their TV station and if you want to see it, please click on the link below:
Don did a great job, despite the shaky hands while attempting to put the rod back together!!
No sooner were we told about the YouTube video, do we get notified that Predator Features have done a review of the rod! This was undertaken by Al Rawlings who besides being a well-known pike angler in Ireland has, we understand, the record for catching the most 20lbs+ pike! He should, therefore, know something about pike fishing.........anyway here's the review:
Sorry, this category has no products